Wednesday 21 September 2011

Fred Nicole Still Getting It Done


In an update on sponsor Prana’s website, 41 year-old bouldering legend Fred Nicole provides a brief update on a hard new boulder problem he did earlier this year in Switzerland. The problem, called Le Boa, climbs a “big snake like looking structure” using powerful moves on pockets leading into the existing V11 Mosaik. He had this to say about the difficulty of the line:

Most of the time I don’t grade my boulders anymore, but people are still curious what they could be. On this one my feeling lies around 8c boulder, as it felt as the hardest boulder I ever did on pockets. For sure the hardest thing since “L’isola che non c’é” and reckoning the time spent on it anyway an important line for me.

You can see some footage of the beginning of the problem starting around the 5 minute mark of this video.


Thanks for reading !
- UR
[SOURCE : ClimbingNarc]